Post Top Ad

Karachi Eat Festival 2019 Guide and Reviews

Karachi Eat Festival is an annual ritual for the inhabitants of K-town. We live for food and that’s what it is all about.

I walked in with my friends and that allowed us all to share and try lots of items. The parking was a bit of hassle so one has to be prepared to walk a lot. Ticket costs Rs. 350, only women can buy it, and most food items cost between 200-400. There are no ATMs inside, it’s best to carry change. The entry was smooth and once you’re in, the crowd is well managed and hygiene taken care of. Safeguard was all around helping wash hands after eating, I found that adorbs!

Coming towards the food, I tried a bunch of things. There were highs and lows.


SÓL Butter Beer was refreshing and albeit not a HP fan, I was pleasantly amused.

Khurram’s Steak and Grill. He’s the man behind CFU steak, except this was cheaper and without month long reservation time. They recommended their Steak Strips and it was up to mark.

Sweet Greens had Red Chilli Taco. I was a little bummed that it was served cold and mediocre flavor wise, and oh so photogenic!?? Millennial priorities.
⠀⠀⠀

A friend suggested Awesamosas from Lahore. They had Dorito Chaat served in Dorito packs. Yes you heard me. I wasn’t sure how I felt about the fusion but the result was absolutely delicious so I’m not complaining. Must try.
⠀⠀⠀
Shrooms’ Hunter Beef Buns filled with cheese and beef were fantastic, so much so that we came back to have them once more time. Definitely recommend.

HotBombz HotStix was a nice treat but nothing to write home about.

I had heard good things about Lady Marmalade but never tried. It was top notch. Who knew funnel cakes went so well with chicken? Sufficient portion size and great taste.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Belgian Chocolate Gelato Bun by Plan B was to die for! If you’re having one dessert, let this be it.
⠀⠀
Burger Bros were serving Flaming Hot Magnet slider and it was superb. They had the longest waiting line and rightfully so! I’d try it again and again.
⠀⠀
Wrappeite Bread Bowl Lasagna was super cheesy and filling. More like comfort food if I’m being honest.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Sugar Mama Belgian Chocolate Mouse Cup was small, fluffy and perfect. Heard too much rave on social media and lived up to expectations.

Next we headed over to Om Nom Bros. He recommended us Chicken Souvlaki. It’s a Greek street food with pita bread and pickled vegetable. It’s not my thing personally but decent new additions and worth a shot.

Taste of Kyber’s Chapli Kabab was the right amounts of spicy desi touch I needed after all the firangi khanay. But I missed the OG Chapli Kabab House.

Lals’ Gelato Taco was lovely. I thought I’d be tired of the taco twists but nope, still hooked!

There were LOTS of brands’ kiosks and who doesn’t like a freebie? Dipitt was giving complimentary fries. I took their spin the wheel challenge and won a free dip.

I also had Tajinus fruit chat, 7UP fresh blends, and Supreme chai to end the day.

Few things to know:
The first thing I did before going was to get hold of the following map and make an itinerary, it helps a great deal to plan what to try and navigate.

There were jammers outside but it was fine inside, although 3G connections were slow but that’s probably Ufone being a hag. There were less seating options but plenty of grass to sit on. It’s also stroller/wheelchair friendly.

Some civic responsibility lies on us, throw your trash in the bin and be kind to vendors. They’re putting their heart and soul to serve us all 3 day. Lastly, be open to newcomers and innovative flavors to the Karachi food scene and you won’t be disappointed.

Happy munching!
January 12, 2019 / by / 26 Comments

26 comments:

  1. Got my mouth watering early in d day.. Nicely covered d vast varieties.. not sure I'd be able to match you in having so many items though..


    www.tonightidream_iwander.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to Karachi since I was about 3, and never since having moved to the UK. When we go back we usually visit Gujranwala, Lahore and Islamabad. Maybe it's time I paid it a visit too. I've heard such amazing things about the KHI food scene and being a foodie myself, how can I not check it out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Food item is Looking so different and tasty indeed. Maybe I should try them as well. Thanks For Sharing Those testy and amazing foods With us. We Provide clipping path service usa and product photo editing service provider.

    ReplyDelete

Post Top Ad