Post Top Ad

This Mess o' Mine

A lot of that surrounds me in life is a mess, literally and figuratively, but what makes the mess a bliss is a matter of perspective. They call it trepidation, and I turn it into triumph.

My mother walks into my room telling me what an utter mess my room is. Countless books lying on top of another. A clutter of makeup I keep hoarding. Cupboard stacked with old art works I should have let go many years ago. But each of these embody a certain part of me. They speak truer about my passions than I can put into words. So I shrug it off, because there's no way these bits of my heart are leaving my space. To me it's the safest place to keep myself at bay.


I often look at my best friends doing their silly, stupid things. They're loud and wild and unashamed in their essence, and that's exactly what brings them closer to me. It's their sarcasm and pranks that put a smile on my face when life seems to exhaust my bones. Kurkure's new tvc reminded me of how these crazy folks I call my friends are who set my life straight and in all their craziness, they are mine.


William Lear famously said, ‘It’s all a mess – the hair, the bed, the words, the heart. Life.’ It is all a mess, indeed, but it's magic and I wouldn't have  it another way.
November 17, 2017 / by / 2 Comments

2 comments:

Post Top Ad