Post Top Ad

Review: Neutrogena Hand Cream and Moisturizer Review



We don’t get the extreme weather situation down here in Karachi, but the change in seasons gets to the body nonetheless. And that means new skincare regime. Neutrogena has been one of my top go-to brands for the longest time, ever. Here’s two products I have used and my insight.

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream



Packaging/Quality
It comes in a medium sized tube with consisting of 75 ml of concentrated hand cream. The package says it’s enough for 300 applications. The size is very convenient for me as I can keep it in my bag wherever I go. One thing I didn’t like is the screw lid and I’d much rather have a flip lid for quick use. 

Formula/Quality 
It has petroleum-jelly like formula that creates a protective barrier. A bit greasy in the beginning but as you rub, it absorbs well and really does keep hands soft and smooth. I have ridiculously rough hands compared to most people and I dab a pea sized amount (as recommended on the packaging too) and it’s enough due to thick, blend-able consistency. A thicker application can be used as over-night hand mask. It helps the chapped palms and something tells me it could work for cracked heels too. It’s fragrance free which is alright, as long as it’s not something soapy right? Although it doesn’t claim to do what it doesn’t, I’d love for a hand cream to soften cuticles, come with SPF and more effectiveness like that. Maybe I’m asking for too much now?

Price: Rs. 450. 
It’s priced fairly for its quality and quantity. I would definitely buy again.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture 



Packaging/Quality 
It comes in a lightweight plastic dispenser consisting of 118 ml. I like that it has a pump because it helps not pour too much for my own good. It has ‘twist to lock/unlock’ mechanism which keeps it safe from spilling. I actually love the sleek packaging. The size is nice enough to carry around but an even smaller, travel-size would be better.

Formula/Quality 
It’s for combination skin and keeps flaky skin moisturised and doesn’t make my oily T-zone greasy. The package claims that it doesn’t clog pores and I can confirm. I’ve been using for a few weeks and it hasn’t caused any pimples on my acne-prone skin (yet). I use it for my face and neck. The consistency is good, neither too runny nor too creamy. I don’t have to slather too much and the sheer formula soaks into skin fast, softens skin but unfortunately doesn’t have a great lasting power which was a bummer for me. If not for winter or harsh weather skincare, it’s a decent moisturiser for summers that lets skin breathe and not break out or you could even apply as a base under makeup. On the plus side, it is allergy tested, fragrance free and alcohol-free.

Besides combination skin, it also comes for clear skin, sensitive skin, with SPF 15 and SPF 35. 
Dermatologist-recommended and easily available over the counter.

Price: Rs. 925. 
I feel that’s a little pricey for what is worth.  Will I buy again? Maybe, but I shall continue the hunt for better.

Hope you enjoyed reading. Happy winter-proof skin! 
December 21, 2017 / by / 1 Comments

1 comment:

Post Top Ad